Elijah James Logan
Email is a wonderful business tool that, if used properly, will enhance
your sales and marketing efforts significantly. Try these methods to
get the most out of email communications:
1. Use permission lists only.
2. If you buy a list, make sure it is qualified – that is, those email
addresses are valid and they belong to people who have opted in to
receive emails on products like yours.
3. Ideally, build your own list.
4. Include an opt-in page on your web site, so people can sign up to
receive email communications from you.
5. As an incentive, offer customers something free in exchange for
signing up – a one time discount code, or a free ebook.
6. Make it easy to opt out or update an email address.
7. Only ask for the information you need – too many questions puts
8. Adopt a formal policy about how the data will be used, and make
sure each subscriber has to read those terms before opting in.
9. Honor those terms, no matter what.
- 3 -
10. Put a cap on the number of emails you send each subscriber –
once a week is likely to be welcomed, but three times a week may
cause people to opt out.
11. Set up your system to flag addresses after so many failed
delivery attempts; this will make it easier to keep your email list
clean and up to date.
12. Avoid attachments; many people won’t open them.
13. Go for something that will work in the body of an email.
14. Offer plain text as well as HTML to accommodate different
15. Set up a reply email, so your subscribers can reach you when
they want to respond to the email.
16. Consider using a newsletter format for your email
17. Subscribe to a few email newsletters, so you can see how others
are using the medium.
18. Make notes on what type of newsletter formats seem to grab
- 4 -
19. Ask others for their opinion of which newsletters they like, and
20. Don’t send email communications when there is nothing new to
say. Repetition will only cost you subscribers.
21. Make the content of the email interesting.
22. Avoid the appearance of being spam, by not using all capital
letters in the title for the email, or announcing "Free" in the title
23. Do always make sure the subscriber’s name appears in the "To"
field. It’s more personal.
24. Look into using email programs that automatically include the
subscriber’s name in the body of the email.
25. Keep it short and sweet. Rambling emails, even if they are
newsletters, are likely to be closed and deleted without being read.
26. Always have the email come from the same person at your end.
It helps to create a sense of rapport and stability.
27. Never use a subject or title line that is misleading; always make
it descriptive of what is in the body of the email.
28. On the other hand, keep it snappy. Instead of "Your November
Newsletter", use the title of one of the more important articles in
- 5 -
29. Make it clear that it is okay to forward the email to others, if the
subscriber likes. This form of viral marketing can grow your
subscriber list over time.
30. Always include links to your product pages in the body of the
31. Also include an easy opt-out link at the bottom of the
32. Be sure to solicit responses and comments. People love to share
33. Formatting is especially important in plain test messages. Keep
the attention going by using bulleted lists instead of lengthy
34. Stay away from using all capital letters or italicizing words, as
they can be harder to view on a computer screen.
35. Watch the use of color in your emails, especially with text;
lighter colors tend to be hard to read, especially on a white
36. Use fonts that are similar to those used in most email clients; it
will make it easier to arrange the text to best advantage, especially
- 6 -
for plain text emails.
37. Include some incentive to visit your website, such as promoting
a new product or noting a new blog entry.
38. Don’t forget to include a special offer or a discount from time to
39. Always thank the subscribers for their time and support.
40. Before you send the emails to clients, send them to an email
address of your own, with one in HTML and another in plain text.
That way, you know exactly what the subscriber will see.
41. Don’t be afraid to try something different now and then. Vary
texts, layouts, and other elements to see what subscribers respond
42. Keep the text of the email focused; rambling will lose your
audience, just as wandering text on your website will drive visitors
43. Use a reliable program to blast mail to your subscriber list; most
allow you to review a report of successful deliveries once the job is
44. Review the reports regularly, and compare them to spikes in
your web site traffic, and the responses you get about specifics of
- 7 -
45. Used software to tabulate and categorize the responses. It will
make it much easier to process them and turn them into usable
46. Assess the percentage of response you get. The industry
standard is between five and fifteen percent. If you are getting less
than that, it is time to rethink your approach.
47. If a response serves as the inspiration for an article in the next
newsletter, ask the subscriber if it is okay to mention them by first
name and initial. This is enough to maintain anonymity, while still
recognizing their contribution.
48. Ask subscribers to submit some of their own copy once or twice
a year. You may be surprised with the quality of what you receive.
Reward the best one with a free ebook or other product.
49. Send out special holiday emails along with your regular weekly
50. Listen to the feedback from your subscribers. It will help you
refine the mailings as you go along.
Elijah James Logan
Table of Contents
SEO Traffic Generation Tips ...................................................................6
Social Media Traffic Generation Tips ......................................................8
Article Marketing Traffic Generation Tips ..............................................10
Pay Per Click (PPC) Traffic Generation Tips.........................................16
Blogging and Forums Traffic Generation Tips.......................................21
Additional Traffic Generation Tips .........................................................24
Re-Vamping your Website ....................................................................27
In today’s web-obsessed world, more and more people are turning to the net for just about anything and everything. In fact, the Internet is the number one source for shopping, for researching term papers, for chatting with friends, for catching up on celebrity gossip, for buying consumer products, for watching the news and for generally staying informed with the world. This is why the World Wide Web has also been hailed a cyber-gold mine for marketing.
Regardless of what you want to do with the web, there is the potential to make a lot of money and market your product or service to the right clientele. Because the Internet is a global phenomenon, more and more marketers and every day Joes are discovering the potential of traffic. What we mean by traffic are those people who visit your website. Every time someone clicks on your website, this is traffic to your site.
Want an analogy? In the real world, the equivalent would be a shop browser. Anytime someone browses through your shop, there is a better chance that he will buy something. This can be considered traffic.
Traffic generators can be a personal website, a business profile, a blog site or anything else. The rewards of this traffic are twofold. For one, if you own a business, the more traffic your can direct to your company site, the more people are going to buy your product or service. For two, if you are part of an affiliate or membership site program, you can get paid anytime someone clicks on your website from pay per click or other web marketing programs.
Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?
That’s what the rest of the world thinks too.
And, therefore, the cyber world holds even more competition to get noticed than in real life. More and more people are using the net to broadcast themselves and their service to those who may be interested. However, the World Wide Web is so incredibly extensive that it is easy to get lost in traffic.
This is where 110 Traffic Generation Tips come in. By administering certain tips and tricks of the trade it is easier to get noticed in the cyber community and not lost in space.
Let’s go back to the real world shop analogy. In a mall, storeowners constantly want the prime locations, usually by the entrances and the food court where more traffic passes by each day. This is the same concept as in cyber-space. However, because you do not have a set location, you can use simple traffic generation tips to move your store to those interested in your product.
Think of it like this: if your website is targeted to those who enjoy skateboarding, in cyber space, it is possible to move your website right next to a virtual skate park. If your website is catered to new mothers trying to lose weight, your website can actually be placed in the same cyber location as a gym, or a baby store.
This may be hard to understand, but you need to think outside the computer box and into the crazy realm of cyber space. And we have just the tips to get you there. In fact, we have 110 of them! From social media traffic to PPC marketing, from SEO to Blogging, we have the tricks of the trade that can generate the traffic you need.
So join the web-solution and discover how to earn traffic on your website with 110 Traffic Generation Tips.
SEO Traffic Generation Tips
SEO, or search engine optimization is the be-all-end-all of traffic generation. The two go hand in hand. This is because, in order to gain traffic to your site your articles, your advertisements and your website must all be search engine optimized. So, when it comes to SEO, make sure you target everything and anything around this incredibly important concept.
Essentially, there are three basic elements to SEO- keywording, linking and content. Consider keywording, linking and content the three musketeers to successful SEO. To get you started, we’ve offered the top ten tips to SEO. Keep these in mind for all your copy and content to ensure the maximum traffic generation results.
1. Choose good keywording phrases- instead of shaping words around articles, shape articles around words. Target your content around keywords or ideas. In order to find an angle for your article, consider using Google Adwords to see which keywords are most likely searched. Then, write an article around these key phrases and terms. This may seem like an odd concept, but as soon as your brain gets used to it, the writing will flow naturally.
2. Use keywords throughout your website, marketing and advertisement- use keywords in your title, your subheadings and in your links. If you can, even use your keyword in your URL.
3. Link away- it is okay to link to other sites. In fact, it’s a good idea, especially if these sites are highly respected and informative. Sites with .edu and .gov are often the best because they represent a highly regarded source.
4. Link to your heart’s content- Links do not have to just be certain words. You can also make title links and anything else you want
links. People are automatically drawn to links, so switch it up and make your content stand out.
5. Use your anchor text in links- Make sure your link text features your keyword phrase. Links stand out on websites and most people will click through, especially if your keyword phrase is directed towards their interest.
6. Always add new content- are you constantly updating and adding new content to your website? Well you need to be to ensure SEO success! This cannot be stressed enough. Content is what will make or break your site so make sure your content is entertaining, up to date and informative. For more content tips, check out the Article Marketing section.
7. Be Bold- make use of Bold HTML tags and other HTML tags to make your website stand out. Bold is beautiful.
8. Use Alt Imaging- a picture is worth a thousand words, especially on the net. Putting alt attributes on your images can allow you to place relevant text around your image, better for search engine indexing. Keep in mind that images are searched just as much as content is.
9. Include a site map- a site map is a great way to navigate through your site and can also be submitted to Google with XML site map. Site maps help search engine robots find every page on your website in just two clicks. What this means is better search engine results for all your web pages. Make sure you link all pages properly for the best SEO results.
10. Follow the rules- SEO has a set of particular rules. You need to understand the legality of SEO so you don’t get banned from search engines. So how do you do this? You research. You study. You learn. Take some time and go through the basics of SEO on the
main search engines. Understanding the do’s and don’ts of SEO is critical when it comes to generating traffic. After all, you SEO strategy can either make, or break your website.
Social Media Traffic Generation Tips The Internet is a social place. Although everything is done in the virtual world, the place is swarming with social networks, social media sites and social opportunities to target your niche market and network with the right prospects.
So why not take advantage of the social nature of the net by using social media as a way to generate traffic and target your niche. Below we have listed some of the top tips in the subject of social media traffic.
11. Get Noticed: go in with a bang by launching your new site, or new content on social bookmarking sites. Many social bookmarking sites, such as Digg, Reddit and Netscape are read on a daily basis and a perfect place to start your traffic generation debut.
12. Take advantage of free ads: GumTree is a great place to get your new website noticed. Gum Tree is a free advertisement space where you can make an ad for your website, for free! It doesn’t get any better than that!
13. Get Accounted: start creating as many social networking accounts as possible. Social networking is a great way to get your product or service noticed. Set up a MySpace Page, a Facebook Page, a Yahoo Page and much more. Ask your friends to add your page as “fans” and watch your traffic jam up.
14. Use StumbleUpon- Submit your site to Stumble Upon and then get your friends to stumble on it as well.
15. Create a Yahoo Group- join or create a Yahoo group in your area of interest. Most likely others in that group will be interested in knowing about your website and checking out what you have to offer.
16. Tweet with Twitter- Tweet Tweet, you have mail. Twitter is a new social media revolution that combines text messages with the Internet. It may seem a little confronting, but it’s a great way to advertise your website. Get a following and send them a tweet.
17. Contribute to Forums- one of the best ways to use social media in your favor is to make a brief contribution to Forums in your topic of interest. Include a link to your website after offering incredibly advice. However, make sure you use sparingly- don’t spam.
18. Search for relevant sites- there are literally social networking sites for everyone and everything. For baby boomers, for music lovers, for avid photographers, for video gamers, for George Lucas fans, for Twilight lovers, and for every single other fetish in the world. Take advantage of this by joining social networking sites that relate to your website. This is where your prospects will be.
19. Show you care- by participating in other social media outlets, you are showing to others that you are genuinely interested in the subject. The more comments you share, the more you will be respected and revered as an active member in your niche market community.
20. Add the “tell a friend” function- on your website, add the ‘tell a friend’ function. This is a simple little button that allows people to
easily connect to your website and inform others about it. In the cyber world, word of click is just as important as word of mouth. So make the most of this with social media.
Article Marketing Traffic Generation
One of the best ways to get your niche audience to your site is to target them in article marketing. Article marketing is a revolutionary way to use your words to generate traffic. Essentially you (or hired content writers) can write about a topic directed at your site and include a bio and a link to your website. Article marketers will submit articles to article directories. When someone uses Google, Yahoo or any other search engine, often these articles will pop up and they will click on them.
What this means is that only those interested in the material in the articles are reading the content. They will also be more interested to click through to the link (your page) and continue to read, as long as you write and target your articles properly. Article marketing, when properly exercised can multiple your traffic in a matter of days!
21. Write something actually worth reading- perhaps you have not browsed through the net recently, but, unfortunately there is a lot of hogwash out there. Many people attempt to use article marketing and simply write about anything and everything. Not a good idea. Write something entertaining, write something informative and write something worth reading.
22. Use keywords- keywords are searched words- words that will get your article noticed on search engines. Make your keywords specific
and use them about 2-5% in each article. Any more than this and your article could begin to sound like an advertisement, or you could be, gasp, black listed.
23. Beware of black listing- article marketing directories are well aware of the power of keywording and that is why they have technology to ensure that marketers are not simply sending them… well... crap. If you use too many keywords then you could be banned from the article directory and your articles not accepted. This is a complete and total waste of time so follow the rules of the directory and don’t try any sneaky stuff!
24. Don’t advertise, inform- the main point of your article is to direct your prospects to your website; however, you want to do this by proving that you actually know what you are talking about and have something informative to say. No one wants to be caught in an article-advertising trap. We get enough advertisements on radio and television, thank you very much.
25. Don’t re-write- it’s tempting to simply type in your keyword and re- write similar articles. Don’t do this. First of all, it’s illegal. Second of all, you are not providing your prospects with anything new, and thus, your website will not be much help to them.
26. Prove you are an expert- you need to prove this with your words and with your bio line. After the article, you will most likely have a chance to explain ‘about the author.’ Demonstrate your knowledge by providing background information.
27. Beware of jargon- if you are writing an article about a new medical breakthrough, then it may make sense to use medical terms and diction that any regular Joe would consider to be written in Greek. Not a good idea; although you want to attract a certain group of
people, regular Joes will be reading your material too. Sure, you want to sound smart, but you also want to be understood.
28. Be different- Write something that has never been said before; take a different approach to an old idea; make people read to the end. This is what generates traffic.
29. Look to help- most of us can write; however, not many can write well. And, in the article marketing business, you need to ensure that your articles are written well. If they are not, then you can kiss your success with article marketing goodbye. There are so many SEO, web content writing and web marketing companies out there that have the credentials and the experience to make all the difference in the web world.
30. Use a sociable voice- make friends with your audience reading the articles by speaking like them. Colloquial language is okay in certain situations; as long as you are not offending anyone.
31. Don’t save the link for last- the link is your clincher- it’s what makes your prospect actually click on your website. It is the traffic generator. So, link placement is vital. Read the rules of the article directory to determine the number of links allowed and then, if allowed, place the link throughout the article, not just at the end. Many people will not actually make it to the end of the article, especially if the content is less-than-thrilling. So catch them before they can click away.
32. Use real-life situations- Make your writing relatable. Think like your audience when writing the articles and you will have a better chance convincing them to continue to click through to your website.
33. Make them laugh- reading something that is humorous on the web is a welcoming change. If you can add humor to your articles, go for
it! This is one of the best ways to gain respect from your readers and convince your prospect to click to your site.
34. Choose point of view carefully- If you want to relate to your audience, it’s best to use first person point of view. If you are offering advice, second person point of view is often a wise choice. Third person point of view can seem a little too impersonal and academic; however, it certain articles, this actually works well.
35. Choose your title wisely- it’s all in the title. You need to make sure your title uses the keywords you have chosen and is specific enough to be noticed by search engines. For example: “Carpet Cleaners” is not a good title even if your website is all about carpet cleaners. Instead try “The Top Five Reasons to Use Carpet Cleaners” which gives your article an angle and an informative spin.
36. Make friends with bold subheading- many people will simply skim through an article looking for the most important parts. So give them what they want by bolding the important parts and using bolded subheadings to split up the article.
37. Uncover the power of lists and bullets- numbered lists and bullet- lists are an immediate eye-catching device. As mentioned above, most people will simply scan the article for useful information. This usually comes in the form of bulleted and numbered lists. They can attract viewers and also make your content easier to read and therefore more interesting.
38. Add a picture, if you can- if you are able to add a picture to your article then do so. However, in many instances this is not actually allowed. Make sure the picture relates back to the article information. For example, if you are discussing the best massages for your massage therapy website, a picture of a woman getting a foot massage is a great visual addition.
39. Mix up your paragraph sizes- short and long paragraphs grab reader’s attention. No one wants to look down an article and see 5 perfectly shaped paragraphs- talk about boring! This isn’t English grammar class after all. You don’t have to use the standard 5- paragraph format anymore.
40. Shine through- let your voice and your personality shine through the pages. Speak like you are talking. Be funny, be creative and be witty. Let that voice out and paste it all over the pages of your content.
41. Stay away from swear words- don’t try to be cool. Don’t try to be pretentious. Don’t try to be bold. Swear words look just as stupid on the screen as they sound coming out of people’s mouths. They are offensive; they are crude; and they are not suitable for articles. Prove your point with other terms that are not swear words- use the thesaurus if you have to. There are plenty of other words out there!
42. Always, always, always proofread- there is nothing worse than reading through an article that has grammatical and spelling errors, unless, of course, you are the one writing it. So take the extra time and actually re-read your work. This does not mean simply pressing the spell check button. It means reading it, top to bottom and catching all of those hidden errors.
43. Remain up to date- one of the most important things to remember when it comes to content is that it is all relative on the date and year. If you are talking about Y2K, most people will click away- after all, that was nearly ten years ago. Stay up to date on the political and current event trends.
44. Discover the angles- there are so many different angles you can take when writing an article. While some choose to write informative tips, others choose to write something controversial to
really get the readers going. Both can work in your benefit. There are many more article angels to use. Adapt them to suit your website needs.
45. Use ‘Top Ten’ Article Lists- “Top” lists are great for articles because the reader knows exactly what they are getting. Top Ten Hottest Baby Celebrities, Top Five Worst Pick up Lines, Top 100 Best Songs Ever- all of these will reel in the reader and make them want to learn more.
46. Use ‘Benefits of’, ‘Pros and Cons’ and other article marketing gold mines- there are other great article ideas other than just “top lists.” You can also list the benefits of a product, the pros and cons to a certain person, place or thing, to a list of the biggest “no’s” in that industry. All of these are easy for readers to follow and set up in an informative way.
Pay Per Click (PPC) Traffic
Pay per click or PPC marketing is a way for both the advertiser and the website owner to benefit. To truly get the most out of PPC marketing, it’s a good idea to become both the advertiser and the advertisee. What we mean is, create ad copy using PPC, but also offer PPC on your website so other relevant ads can pop up on your site. This will bring in an additional income, especially if your website is generating a lot of traffic (which, after reading and applying these 110 tips, it most certainly will!)
PPC advertisements work with pay per click meaning, as the advertiser, you only pay if someone clicks on your ad. Essentially, you are only paying for prospects and not for every single surfer who stumbles upon your ad. This is a revolutionary way to advertise as you are literally only paying for those who actually stop by your online store.
PPC marketing works with keywords and keywords phrases. By following these tips below, you can discover how to generate traffic to both your site and your PPC ads and thus multiple your traffic and your return on investments (ROI).
47. Know the search engines- when PPC marketing, you need to deliver your PPC ads to the right places. The top five search engine sites are Google, Yahoo, Ask, MSN Search and AOL. Make sure you target all five of these. Many people use just Google, which is great as Google does control more than 50% of all searched material; however, what about the other 50%?
48. Understand keyword bidding- keyword bids will constantly change.
You can either continue to check it out every day, or invest in bid- management software, which can watch the different bids so you remain on top.
49. Find the middle ground in bidding- when you are bidding for keywords, you need to find that happy medium between high and low. If you bid too high, then you are simply wasting a lot of money; however, if you bid too low then you ad may not appear until the third or more page (and who flips through more than three
pages of search results anyway?). So, aim for the 5th to the 15th
position. This will keep more money in your budget and ensure that you remain in a good viewing spot.
50. Stay away from Bid wars- bid wars are bound to happen between you and your competitor. However, it’s best to simply step down. Bid wars do not benefit anyone except for the publisher. However, if you happen to be the publisher of your website, then bring on the bid wars!
51. Become a PPC pro- PPC marketing is not something that you will wake up and automatically understand. Consider getting some help with PPC marketing. Read books, attend seminars and spend some time with a PPC consultant to see what can be done in your particular situation.
52. Research the competition- there’s nothing wrong with a little competitive analysis. See what your competitors are doing with their advertisements- what keywords are they using? What affiliates are they working with? Have a look around, then adapt and change to suit your PPC strategy. This is one of the greatest benefits to competition.
53. Choose you affiliates wisely- PPC marketing is not all directed at search engines. You also want to partner up with some of the best affiliate programs elsewhere to ensure that your ads are being placed in the right places, and that the right people are advertising on your site.
54. Don’t bombard your advertisement with all your products or services- advertisements should be targeted towards one fast- selling item. The advertisement on this one item will draw the prospect to the website, where you will advertise all your products or services offered. If you simply list all your products in an advertisement, you will bore the reader away.
55. Create a landing page for each of your AdWords - Instead of always linking to your home page, link to various different web pages. Link to various product pages for the different AdWords you choose. For example, if you have a massage service company, then link your “massage therapy” to the home page but link “foot massage,” “pregnancy massage” and “Swedish massage” to the various product pages.
56. Understand keyword buckets for Ad Group- what we mean here is that you should always separate your keywords into different Ad Groups. By doing this you can test and track the different Ad Groups and see which keyword phrase is performing the best.
57. Go for Gold with Keyword Content- make sure you advertisement is rich in keywords. Simple as that.
58. Don’t overlook quality score- quality score will rate all your keywords. If you have a keyword with ‘poor’ quality score, then it’s a good idea to delete it as this one keyword can bring down your entire quality score.
59. Use DKI- this is a great little trick of the traffic generation trade- DKI, or dynamic keyword insertion. Dynamic keyword insertion will insert certain words into your copy as the prospect types it in. This means that your ad copy will appear with the exact same keyword phrase they he just typed- your advertisement thus looks like it was catered just for that person. How can they not click on it then?
60. Sprinkle Keywords- many people choose just one keyword per advertisement. It’s a better idea to sprinkle your ad with a few different keywords. Two to three keywords per advertisement is more effective in reaching a wider audience and also ensures that your advertisement copy flows a little better. No one wants to be bombarded with the same keyword every second word.
61. Use all types of keywording- learn the different types of keywording include exact match, phrase match and negative keywording. Look through Google Adwords to understand the difference between each one and determine how and where these keyword matches will help you.
62. Create a negative keywording list- negative keywording is incredibly important in advertising to ensure that the right ads pop up with the right person. By using negative keywording you are saying what you are “not” selling and thus targeting the right niche.
63. Talk to customers- see what your customers are looking for in advertisements. Ask friends, ask family members- it never hurts to ask, and sometimes they might come up with an incredible idea.
64. Geo-target- for those who have a specific area where your niche market is located, for example, in Vancouver, then you can geo- target your advertisements to people connected from there.
65. Track your advertisements- it’s important to know who and where your customers are coming from, even in the virtual world. Furthermore, tracking your ROI and your clients can help you tweak your campaign marketing strategy to gain even more prospects
66. Never stop tweaking- PPC marketing is something that never ends, or, at least, it never should. You need to constantly test, tweak and
change in order to compete with the millions upon billions of advertisements being put out each day.
67. Perform A/B testing- PPC marketing is all about testing and tweaking to ensure you are getting the most from your advertisements. A/B testing is one of the best ways to do this. Create at least 2 Adcopies per Ad group and let them fight for the most traffic generation. It’s a battle of the Adcopy.
68. Make sure your landing page is correct- this may seem simple but you need to ensure that your advertisement actually goes to the right website landing page. If you are advertising a certain product, perhaps link that that product’s web page rather than your home page. People are a lot happier when they are directed to exactly what they are looking for. If they like what they see, then they will most likely continue to browse your website and check out the other pages.
Blogging and Forums Traffic
Blogging has hit the World Wide Web with a bang. Every single person wants to put in their two cents, and can with a blog. Although blogs can be tedious and pretentious in certain instances, it is possible to use blogging as a way to gain traffic to your site. Just read on to find out how:
69. Make friends with other bloggers- ask other bloggers to review your website, in exchange for a link of course. Blogging is a community thing and the more you participate in this community, the more successful you will be at generating traffic.
70. Make use of Technorati- Technorati allows you to ‘claim’ your blog which can be great for social networking and gaining traffic.
71. Add your Link to any posts- make your link like a signature.
Anytime you make a post (relevant to your website of course), add a link at the end. Many people will read the comments, the forums, and the discussions for additional information. If a link is included, they will click on it.
72. Write something controversial- there’s nothing like controversy to get the traffic flowing in. Write something controversial and then ask for comments, questions and concerns about what you have said. This will help to get the cyber conversation going and ensure traffic to your site.
73. Blog often- blogging is not necessarily a full time job; however, you should always set aside some time during the week to contribute to your blog. While some people blog two or three times a day, it’s
probably best to blog one day a week. Stay on schedule to create a following and give your readers something to look forward to.
74. Blog on and away from your site- there are several different ways to use blogging as a way to generate traffic. Many people choose to blog on a different website such as HubPages and then link to their website. This works. However, another good way is to include a Blog section on your website. People who are interested in your website content may subscribe to your blogs which means even more hits and traffic generation to your sites.
75. Don’t forget about SEO- blogging is, essentially, SEO article writing.
It is much less informal and much more fun- however, it still follows the same rules surrounding content, links and keywording. So make sure you re-read the above tips on “Article Marketing” and “SEO Marketing” when writing your blogs.
76. Yahoo Answers- whenever someone types a question into a search engine, Yahoo Answers usually comes up. Check out Yahoo Answers and see what questions have been asked in your niche category. Then, answer them and include a link. This is a great way to gain free publicity and market yourself as an expert. Another good resource is Wiki Answer.
77. Keep informed with the world- one of the best ways to generate traffic through blogging is to write something that is new to the web world. Watch the news, subscribe to updates and keep your ears open for stories that are related to your website’s product or service.
78. Stay within your Niche- another important thing to consider when blogging is that you will need to always write about something related to your website. Sure, it might be fun to write about the latest Michael Jackson scandal, but how is that helping your website
on massage therapy? If you can find an angle and link the two together, then you have just uncovered a great traffic generation secret.
79. Include blog interviews- interviewing someone in the field of choice is a great way to gain traffic to your blog. Sure, it may not be an interview with Brad and Angelina, but a well known figure in your niche market will get the traffic you want. Interviews are unique and they are informative. They make great blog material.
Additional Traffic Generation Tips
Now that you understand the basics in SEO, PPC, social media and article marketing, it’s time to use the rest of the World Wide Web to generate traffic. There are plenty of other ways to gain traffic with simple little tricks of the traffic trade.
These traffic generation tips are straightforward and easy to do; furthermore, they can boost your website traffic heaps. Some are as simple as opening your mouth while others take a little more effort. However, one thing is for sure, these additional traffic generation tips will get your website noticed and fast!
80. Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell your family- it is one of the simplest tips we can give you, but it cannot be overlooked. At family dinners, discuss your website and ask for input. Many people will have a quick look and, if they like what they see, they will most likely recommend it to friends who could use your products. Word of mouth is a simple, yet powerful tool.
81. Analyse- you need to know who is visiting your site in order to make the most out of your traffic generation marketing strategy. Google Analytics is free to use and can tell you the demographics of who is visiting your site. This is vital information for ROI and niche market campaigning.
82. Use RSS feeds- syndicate your sites content with RSS feeds which can keep your clients updated on the latest news and sales.
83. Use aggregator sites- Aggregator sites will have your content all over the net. Sites such as Feedburner, Squidoo, Feedboy and Jordomedia are great RSS feed syndicators.
84. Offer a monthly newsletter and mailing subscription list- mailing lists are great ways to keep your customers coming back to your site. This is an important aspect of gaining traffic- after all, recurring customers are often your most loyal and best customers. Offering a monthly e-letter to a subscribed mailing list will keep your customers connected with their favorite products. Offer great content, sales, new products and lots of pictures to keep your customers happily reading and visiting your site. And, don’t forget to include plenty of links!
85. Use free search engine site directories- the most important aspect of generating traffic on the site is making use of the search engines. You can submit your site to free search engine friendly directories, you just need to know where to look. Start your search at “Info Vilesilencer” which can give you a great list of all free search engine directo